Monday 12 January 2015

PURLE HAIR COLOUR ON NATURAL HAIR

I decided to play around with a little temporary colour when I came across the Garnier Colour Styler on sale at my local Shopper's Drug Mart.  It comes in red, purple, brown, pink and blue.  I went with purple because I thought it would have a better chance of showing up vibrantly on my dark hair.

This stuff is super easy to use.  You literally take the bottle out of the box, shake it and apply it to your hair and let it dry.  That's it!  You don't have to rinse or mix or anything!  The colour is buildable and I was really happy with the results once it dried.  Although my camera flash makes it appear blue, it actually was a vibrant purple colour.






The product is designed to coat your hair strands once it dries, the plus side of that is that it gives your hair weight….my twist out actually had a lot more hang time then normal.  The only downside to this coating I experienced was some flaking.  It says it's supposed to last for 2 shampoos but mine only lasted 1.  In Garnier's defence, I don't think it was meant to withstand all the extras us naturals tend to do on wash day (pre-poo, hot oil treatment, deep conditioner, etc)


Overall it was fun and a great alternative for those who want to experiment with colour without the commitment.  I'll have a video up on my YouTube channel this week so that you can see the true colour so stay tuned!

-Toni


7 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this Toni (even the blue color looks cool, so I can only imagine purple). I'll def try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuuhhhmmm-- it looks DOPE! I'm definitely going to try this. I've been wanting purple hair for, like, two years. But, I'm too afraid of damage. This is the perfect solution. Thanks, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's really intense for a temporary color. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very pretty. Love to get my hands on these in UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color on you! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ten years later I know lol. I wanted to know we're the colored sections on hair dry, crispy, hard or anything like that? I know it's supposed to be purple but the blue looks AMAZEBALLS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog Your hair looks gorgeous this colour

    ReplyDelete

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Welcome

Hi, I'm Toni. A natural hair enthusiast, blogger and jewelry designer who enjoys experimenting with all things hair and beauty. I hope to share a bit along the way. :)

Instagram

Followers